Username:
Password:
Stay logged in

Murder Mystery RP

ForumsRole Playing → Murder Mystery RP

Murder Mystery RP

#257086 Posted on 2022-04-29 22:42:40

Mei
"Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one who shows up when mysteriously invited to the middle of the woods." Mei glanced at the sky and decided the flashlight was probably better nestled in her palm than her pocket. "Do you have any idea who sent it?" As the sun continued to set, her feeling that something was going to go wrong increased. It didn't bode well considering the situation, and it was why Mei felt herself stalling, not quite ready to find out what lay at the end of the trail. 

Last edited on 2022-04-29 at 22:44:13 by oswin


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6496 forum posts
Send A Message

#257087 Posted on 2022-04-29 22:45:11

Outlaw
She silently stepped over the fence behind her truck, lanky figure disappearing into the shadows swift as a ghost. After a quick glance at her letter and the ancient compass she carried she headed off in the direction needed, boots making no sound as she drifted through the woods like a cloud of smoke, totally at home between the towering trees. She smelled the river before she hit it, and she stopped at the edge of the trees to survey first, hidden by the shadows and leaves. uh huh, that's what I thought. The kid was already there.


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
9424 forum posts
Send A Message

#257088 Posted on 2022-04-29 22:45:52

Shane
"I don't really care. I only care who thought to send it to a kid," he glanced at the forest to see if the kid was anywhere in sight, but to no avail. He skimmed the area with his senses, the familiar feeling coming to him again.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
Teo
#64927


Member is Offline
100 forum posts
Send A Message

#257089 Posted on 2022-04-29 22:50:43

Mei
She sighed and shook her head. "If my current theory is correct, it makes sense, unfortunately." The phone in her pocket dinged with a reminder. "That's my cue to walk into the mouth of the lion. You coming?" 

Last edited on 2022-04-29 at 22:51:07 by oswin


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6496 forum posts
Send A Message

#257090 Posted on 2022-04-29 22:53:21

Shane
Shane nodded in response, his thoughts starting to clutter together. He took a deep breath, wishing he was back home, though which home he wanted to be at he wasn't sure.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
Teo
#64927


Member is Offline
100 forum posts
Send A Message

#257091 Posted on 2022-04-29 22:54:39

Outlaw
Another drag of her cigarette, and she slipped out of the forest, silently walking onto the rocks and heading towards the kid and the river's edge. The girl was oblivious, focused on nothing. She scanned her surroundings constantly as she walked. Was she half expecting to by taken out by some hidden sniper? Yes, yes she was. Was she still going for it? Also a yes.


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
9424 forum posts
Send A Message

#257092 Posted on 2022-04-29 23:06:13

Mei
Mei stuck to the trail, preferring to try not to get lost among roots and brush. Her flashlight could only reveal a small circle of trodden path at a time, but it was enough to keep her from tripping on rocks and uneven ground. The gentle sound of water on shoreline heralded the river as drawing near. The coordinates were right ahead. Mei paused, pulling her bow from the quiver and carefully nocking an arrow to the string. She didn't draw it quite yet, but she'd prefer to be prepared. With a deep breath to calm her nerves, Mei stepped into the clearing at the river's edge only to see Avery and a tall woman walking toward her. She slipped the arrow back into the quiver but kept the bow, relaxed, in her hand. So four of them had been invited. The scenery seemed relatively peaceful, if a bit shadowy. Perhaps they'd be lucky and this was all an elaborate prank.

Last edited on 2022-04-30 at 08:34:33 by oswin


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6496 forum posts
Send A Message

#257093 Posted on 2022-04-29 23:11:26

Shane 
Shane watched her take out the bow and he paused. His mind started to race faster and he felt his heart pounding in his chest. He closed his eyes to calm down but instead saw images and memories of things he had long wanted to forget, and in an effort to calm down he continued to walk forward, coming to a river and stopping as he looked around. His mind was clouded and troubled, but he found the sound of the river to be calming.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
Teo
#64927


Member is Offline
100 forum posts
Send A Message

#257094 Posted on 2022-04-29 23:15:15

Outlaw
She immediately noticed the two when they came into sight, and stopped where she was, which happened to be directly on the rivers edge. She studied the two through the smoke from her cigarette. So, there was four of them. Her eyes moved from their figures to study the area surrounding them again. It was too perfect, too peaceful to not be something bad. 


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
9424 forum posts
Send A Message

#257133 Posted on 2022-04-30 19:08:31

Mei
She swept her flashlight around the clearing, the tiny beam of light illuminating roots, rocks, what may have been the tip of an old antler shed, and... a lump that looked unsettlingly like a corpse. "Um, guys," Mei said apprehensively, stepping further from the shelter of the forest. The shadowy heap was almost out of the range of her flashlight, resting by the edge of the water a few feet from Avery. It was barely far enough up on shore to not be lapped at by the moving tide of the river. "I found our party." (Invites, parties, they go hand in hand.)


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6496 forum posts
Send A Message

#257135 Posted on 2022-04-30 19:20:32

Outlaw
She followed the girl’s gaze and light beam. “Oh nice” she mumbled. “How fun.” She walked towards the body, boots splashing slightly in the water from the rivers edge. She stopped once she reached it, studying it with a concerning calmness   (Well concerning for those who don’t know about her at least)


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
9424 forum posts
Send A Message

#257138 Posted on 2022-04-30 19:31:35

Shane
Shane became nauseous as he saw the body, his chest tightening. He was hoping his life would be free of death after he was in the agency, but the picture in front of him proved that hope to be in vain. He stood as still as he could manage, staring off across the water to avoid the situation at hand.

Avery
Avery had been looking at the body for some time before anyone else saw it, her expression blank and unconcerned. Before long she sighed and shrugged, turning around to see the others around her. "Well, that was a boring reason to be dragged out here."


0 members like this post.

Posted By
Teo
#64927


Member is Offline
100 forum posts
Send A Message

#257139 Posted on 2022-04-30 19:40:49

Mei
Now was not the time to be concerned about the apathy of the peculiar child or wonder where her guardians were. "We should call the police and let them handle this." Mei pulled her phone from her pocket and dialed 911. Unfortunately, the line went dead after ringing for a frustratingly long time. She cursed and looked at her phone signal, which appeared to be fine, but when she subsequently tried calling several different numbers, the same thing happened. "That's annoying. So whoever invited us knew someone would die here today and doesn't want us contacting the outside world. Fantastic." Mei stooped by the body, getting a closer look at it. "They don't look like they've been dead long." Her voice was laced with sympathy for the lost life, and she gently closed the blankly staring eyes before straightening again. 


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6496 forum posts
Send A Message

#257140 Posted on 2022-04-30 19:42:24

Outlaw
"I'd say." She mumbled in agreement with the kid, lighting another cigarette. She looked at the corpse again, trying to gauge how long it had been there.

Last edited on 2022-04-30 at 19:43:11 by Midnight Outlaw


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
9424 forum posts
Send A Message

#257141 Posted on 2022-04-30 19:51:08

Avery/Shane
"I'm leaving, this is stupid." As Avery went to walk away, she got stopped suddenly by a hand around her arm, which she aggressively slapped away immediately. She looked up at Shane, who had grabbed her, glaring into his eyes. Before she could say anything to him, he asked her softly where her parents were. She groaned and turned back towards the water, figuring she wouldn't be able to escape the situation with two adults worrying about her. "I don't know where my mom is, sorry." She paused for a moment as if she were putting consideration into her next words. "Though I wish that was her body in the river."


0 members like this post.

Posted By
Teo
#64927


Member is Offline
100 forum posts
Send A Message