|News news news news news!|
I'm a terrible person - I haven't spent much time on Equiverse over the past few weeks. Some of you may know that I'm actually getting married this year - on the 3rd September. Less than 2 weeks away! As you can imagine, things are getting extremely hectic now, and we have foreign friends visiting us for the wedding soon so once they arrive I will have even less time. I wanted to make a nice big update to EV pre-wedding, but my time has been soaked up by wedding and my mum's hip surgery over the past 4-5 weeks that it doesn't look like it's going to be possible now.
I have taken some time to go through the "How can we improve Equiverse?" topic. You guys are extremely passionate about this game, and I love that about you. There's a lot of text, so I have mostly skimmed over the posts to get a general feel for what is wanted.
The bigger ideas that I like the most are:
* Leisure Riding expansion
* More dynamic clubs - polls attached to newsletters, player and horse halls of fame
* Shows being available immediately with some caveat on many entries from the same person to avoid creating shows only for themselves - we're a community ;)
* Personal cron - where horses only age, lose hunger/happiness/etc, have their shows reset, Deluxe days decrease, etc. when a player logs in for the day
* Rewards for logging in X days in a row ($5k for 7 days, maybe 1 EVC for 30 days and then it resets? so players can essentially earn 1EVC every 30 days if they are active)
* Monthly Championships
* Conformation shows
* Official site events (snowball fight, scavenger hunt, etc)
* Beauty contests - for the genetic/colour breeders
* Horse trophies and awards that are displayed on their page for winning shows, championships, contests, etc
* Optional Questing for more money + exp income
* Optional Jobs for more money + exp income + unique bonuses (for example: money off at the store for taking a store job, less durability loss in tack for taking a tack workshop job, etc)
* Limited crossbreeding, where breeding an Arabian with a Thoroughbred can create an Anglo Arab, etc. These cross breeds would not be available to purchase from the Equine Center.
* Member Orchards, Vegetable Patches, Tack Workshops - where players can grow their own treats and create their own tack and either use it or sell them to the stores
* Horse auction house
I like a lot of the smaller ideas too, such as adding in horse heights as a vanity/conformation trait (something else to breed for), horse temperaments, putting treats back on horse pages to feed from there, random page events.
Just to note, this isn't a comprehensive list of EVERYTHING that I like, but it's the main points. Basically, I now have a fantastic source of good ideas for the next year which I can refer back to. I will be asking for your thoughts and suggestions on some of them as I won't want to make massive changes based on what I think is correct (I've been wrong before...) and perhaps not everything on this list will make it into the game. But now I have a good frame to work with.
This is going to be a relatively brief news post as I have some more wedding stuff to do (yay...) but I wanted to leave you with a couple of questions about horses on Equiverse.
1. What do you think would encourage members to breed outside of their own stock of horses?
2. Why do you think there is a problem with it at the moment?
3. What do you think would encourage members to sell and buy horses more frequently?
4. Do you think that there should be an overhaul of how stats work with horses? Should they be more static to encourage breeding horses at younger ages (and make the game less static for the first 15 weeks of playing)?
I know this might be a bit of a heated discussion, but for the sake of the game I think we need to have it :)
|Huge Bug Sweep!|
Sorry for a lack of updates recently, but I've spent some time and had a huge sweep of bugs that have been plaguing the forums.
I will be making some more frequent updates in the coming weeks, I promise :P
* If you have an apostrophe in your name, you should no longer have trouble updating your home page information.
* The Deluxe account ability to kick under-paid horses from your stable (both individually and all at once) has been restored.
* Single-horse boarding is now working.
* You should now be able to board your horses at another member's stables. Previously, the boarding section was missing on stable pages.
* Board should now correctly be paid to the stable owner when topped up after the initial boarding payment.
* Stable search should now work correctly when attempting to search using a name or ID.
* Stable search should correctly display the number of horses boarded in public stalls - and the number of public stalls.
* You should no longer be able to treat horses multiple times in the same day - don't worry, this bug didn't actually allow horses to gain exploited stats, so no adjustment is necessary. It was mostly a display error where it showed up as successful treating.
* When purchasing the Auto-Care tool, your Credit History should now show the correct amount of credits taken.
* Riding School bonuses for matching the Specialty should now be working correctly.
* When Auto-Showing a horse; if there are not enough shows available to cover the 10 show slots, the slots remaining should now correctly be available to be used in the Riding School instead of being used up by phantom shows.
* Custom horse images should now be showing correctly.
* A club's Registered Horses section should now show the correct amount of pages for the horses that are registered.
* New foal notifications should no longer occur when your account has been locked.
* Interest should no longer be awarded if your account has been locked over cron-time.
* You can now see how many horses are home-boarded in a stable underneath the amount of horses in public stalls.
* When searching for a Riding School, results are now randomised and limited to showing only 5 results. This is to hopefully help out with those Schools which don't get found too easily because they are lower results.
* There is now a higher chance that foals will inherit parents' white (facial or leg) markings.
|Welp. I messed up.|
There was a bug in account locking in which it unboarded everyones' horses from their stables. I'm very sorry for this, you will need to re-board your horses. I will refund money to those who had paid for their board, but stable owners.. you'll just have to deal :P
We have a brand new feature for Deluxe accounts - however this feature benefits ALL members on the game, not just Deluxes!
Any member who has an open stable (a Deluxe account) can now open their own Riding School (visit your Stables page for more information!). All members can submit any horse with unused show slots to the Riding School to earn guaranteed money and experience, and also a chance of stats to go along with those bonuses.
So for those of you who have horses which don't tend to do so well in shows, you can now use Riding Schools to boost your income a bit, as well as gain some stats that you would otherwise lose out on because they don't place in shows. You can also let your retired horses work in the riding school!
This is an alternative to showing - you can choose to either enter 10 shows per day, or submit the horse to work for 10 hours. Or you can change it up a bit and submit for 7 hours of schooling and 3 shows. It's up to you!
"Currently Popular Discipline" rotates on a daily basis. Horses submitted to Riding Schools which match the currently popular discipline will gain a minor boost in earnings and experience.
You can search for Riding Schools in the Stable Search!
New Features & Changes
* Due to a popular user suggestion, the way stables are privatised has changed. You can now choose how many stalls you want to be made available to the public. You can choose all, none, or somewhere in between - it's entirely up to you. Stables which were listed as public previous to this change have had their stalls set to 100% public - so you may want to review this.
* Stables page has had a bit of a revamp - you can now manage your stable information from the Stables page instead of from your account page, but additionally horses boarded at your Stables have been moved to their own separate "Barn" page. This is to help with page loading times for those stables who have a lot of horses.
* Single treats are now as effective in giving stats as their grouped counterparts. So a single Yellow Apple will now give the same chance of stats as a use of a Bag of Yellow Apples.
* Again, due to popular suggestion, members can now withdraw their club president campaigns if they wish (after first voting for themselves).
* Locking accounts should now remove horses that are locked from stables which do not belong to their owners. Those of you with locked horses stuck in your stables should now have the stalls freed up.
Over the past few weeks I've been making small and subtle additions/bug fixes, so here is a list of what I've done along with some additions today.
New Features & Changes
+ Club banks can now send out money to club members!
+ There are two new icons which appear on your horses list - one which is a permanent addition, and one which will appear periodically.
That's right - there's now an icon to show when a Stat Boost is needed on a horse, and an icon for treating! You will now easily be able to see whether you have treated today, and whether any horses need their boost before you go and train (instead of being told halfway through the rhythm of training :'D).
+ Moved the "reply" box in conversations to the top of the page as it means no more scrolling all the way to the bottom in long conversations.
+ At and A+ have been added to the genetics search feature - oops.
+ You can now set a Minimum Bid for your horses that you wish to sell with the Private Auction option.
New Horse Image System
So a few weeks ago I said I would be converting horse images to a new system which would mean you can no longer share the image URLs on forums and such.
That is going in today. There may be some issues which makes horses look different to how they did before. However I will be patrolling the bug boards later on today to fix any issues that arise :)
I am also adjusting the image displays slightly in order to make some horses a bit less.. ugly :P
* Pangare will be applied at a 60% opacity on cream-based horses and 80% opacity on non-cream-based horses.
* Sooty will be applied at a 50% opacity on cream-based horses and 80% opacity on non-cream-based horses. (before vs after)
* Gray is now a bit more dynamic - instead of being changed at 1, 3, 5, 8 and 10, gray will now fade in slowly every year up until the age of 10 at which time it will become 100% dark gray. Horses will then become the white/gray at the age of 15 instead of at 12. This gives you a whole 7 years more to appreciate the dark gray before it becomes static at the light gray.
+ That pesky Grullo bug not giving your horses the Dun gene when using the Base Applicator/Randomiser has now been squashed! There may be some horses left over who don't have the correct Dun gene if they had Grullo applied though - please report those to the Bug Board.
+ When you lock your account and unlock it again, the horses in unlocked divisions should no longer remain locked.
I haven't had much time do to anything too special - but my time has freed up a bit recently so I'm planning something a bit fun for you :)