|Daily Login Bonuses|
Just a small update today as Abbey prepares to go on a short break (we'll be back with more updates after).
Daily Login Bonuses
Daily login bonuses have been added to the game - these give you a small boost of cash for every consecutive day that you log in. On the 28th day there will be a special bonus, then the day count will reset, and start over again at 1. This feature has the scope to change in the future to gain more interesting daily bonuses, but for now a random amount of money every day seems a good reason to be sure to log in daily!
* Any horses without a color - due to being imported from the old version of the game - have been given a button on their page to generate a new genotype. This genotype is the same as what you would get randomly for purchasing the horse from the Equine Center.
* Horses now need to have their grade manually improved. We ran some tests with daily Progression and found that improving horse grades was the most server intensive action for the progression script to handle, leading to some timeouts that could explain occasional apparent progression failure. There is an Improve Horse Grades button on your horse overview, which will improve the grades in all horses at once, or optionally you can click the Improve button on an individual horse page.
* Decorations on club mascots should now be displaying at the appropriate size.
* There should no longer be a broken image for Splint Boots on feathered horses such as Gypsy Vanner and Clydesdale.
Thanks to the most recent poll, we now have a good idea of which features members want to see implemented the soonest. Daily login bonuses have been added now, so based on poll data the next updates we will be focusing on are quests and farms/orchards.
We will also be working to bring you a fun summer event which we hope will launch at the end of July. ;)
Additionally, foal artwork is almost complete so we can start incorporating it into the game over the summer! Here is a preview of a warmblood group foal:
We look forward to bringing the rest of the foal art to you!
|Tweaks and New Poll|
Happy Thursday EV! We have some updates for you!
* The bonus money awarded in shows will now only be applied if there are at least 3 entries in a show.
* Divisions with no name set will display as "No Name" instead of blank, allowing them to be clickable and editable.
* A "Deceased" tab has been added to registered club horses.
* Club members should now be able to leave inactive clubs.
* Most recent topics have been added to the Game Guides and Help Me boards at the top of the Forums page.
* A lot of bug fixes have been applied to the new show creation system.
* Additionally, further small bug fixes have been applied to the show score system (fixed on 18th May).
* Divisions should no longer accept a blank entry for the name.
* When creating shows, the success message should no longer give an incorrect total number for shows created.
* Registered horses count should now correctly increase when horses are accepted to a free club registry.
* Club mascots should now correctly display white markings and tack/decorations.
* Leaving a horse at the Rescue Center should now correctly store its name in your bank history and user log.
* Some issues with searching for breeds with a space in the name (e.g. Gypsy Vanner, Quarter Horse) still persisted and have now hopefully been fixed.
* Hopefully some issues with the brown gene showing up in the Coat Randomiser item have been resolved.
* Tack should now be appropriately transferred when trading horses in the Marketplace.
We have a new poll available for everyone to vote on - please let us know which of the features listed you would like to see added to the game next. They are all in the works but we're hoping to prioritize based on your preference. :) That's all for now!
|Update to Terms|
In order to continue using the site you must agree to the conditions set forth in all of these documents. If you do not accept any of them, you must cease to use the site immediately. Please review each of the updated pages and read through them, in order to better understand the rules and to be sure that you accept all of the items that are set forth.
|Showing Bug Fix|
There has been a bug in showing for a while, we're unsure exactly how long, but it affected placement in shows. This was discovered and fixed on Tuesday. Hopefully since then show results have been more accurate when comparing the horses entered in a show. It might take a little while to get used to as we don't know how long this bug has been in place. Here is a breakdown of what contributes to show results so that you can be on the look out for odd results.
A Score is generated for horses when they are first entered in shows - it's always a good idea to care for your horses before you enter shows rather than after.
1. Stats come first. Main stats are prioritised, secondary stats contribute a little. For Dressage, grooming and age contributes as Dressage is scored on presentation as well.
2. Specialty bonus is added to the score - if the horse is entered in the same type of show as its specialty, it gets a small boost.
3. Care - water, hunger, grooming, stall cleaned, and treating each add a small bonus to the score.
4. Tack contributions are added next.
5. Luck is calculated based on training level. At low level showing this can have a massive impact on show scores, but as horses reach higher stats and higher training level it becomes almost a non-issue.
Based on this info, you should be able to pick out any remaining issues (if there are any).
* When using the Trade Ins feature, the items are now listed in alphabetical order rather than a seemingly random order.
* When searching for specific genes, only gene tested horses will show in search results.
* Encountering an error when creating shows will now keep your previous choices so that you don't need to fill out the form again.
* Some small aesthetic bugs have been fixed.
* The error "This item has no more uses left" when trying to treat a horse should no longer occur.
* A broken image which appeared on certain breeds' art has been fixed.
In light of the showing bug, we have a new discussion topic available on some potential tweaks to showing - head on over to the forum topic to check it out!
That's it for now, happy EVing!
|Seasonal Backgrounds, Wardrobe and Item Trade Ins|
It's taken a while, but seasonal backgrounds are now in the Credit Shop for 2 EVC each. They each come with 5 uses and the background will automatically change based on the current in-game season.
In your Inventory, there is now a link to the Wardrobe! This lets you preview any non-seasonal piece of tack, decoration or background before you purchase so that you can make a fully informed decision on what you'd like to buy. You can also preview all horse genes, similarly to the Custom Horse tool.
Item Trade Ins
The General Store now accepts Trade Ins! You can sell back any unwanted items for a portion of the price you purchased them for. Additionally, some items that you can acquire from other areas of the site can be traded in for a small amount.
Show Creation Update
Creating shows just got easier. You can now add additional rows to the show creation form, allowing you to create lots of different types and grades of shows at the same time. Just click on the small + at the end of the row to add a new row, and it will create all the shows you fill out in a single click.
Show Result Adjustments
The showing algorithm was changed recently to be more inclusive of non-specialty stats and while I still want to keep this, the percentage of non-specialty stats used in this algoritm has been reduced slightly. Please note however that this means horses with very low non-specialty stats no longer have an advantage and that is likely why your showing results have changed. Hopefully adjusting the non-specialty stats contribution should level the playing field rather than skew the favour towards high non-specialty stats however.
* The showing algorithm was changed recently to be more inclusive of non-specialty stats. While I still want to keep this, the percentage of non-specialty stats used in this algoritm has been reduced slightly. Please note however that this means horses with very low non-specialty stats no longer have an advantage and that is likely why your showing results have changed. Hopefully adjusting the non-specialty stats contribution should level the playing field rather than skew the favour towards either side.
* Foals will now be called "Filly" or "Colt" until they reach 1 year of age.
* There is now a popup confirmation for clearing your activity feed.
* The Bug Board will now redirect straight to the new Bug Zapper.
* The dropdown box for Withdraw or Deposit in the bank has been switched to a slightly easier Radio button system.
* When searching for a horse with a space in the name (e.g. Dutch Warmblood or Gypsy Vanner) the second page of results should no longer say the breed does not exist.
Abbey 🌸 (#1)