Username:
Password:
Stay logged in

War In Orioch RP

ForumsRole Playing → War In Orioch RP

War In Orioch RP

#198019 Posted on 2018-12-29 15:39:49

You live in a village of Specials. Everyone in your village is magical in one way or another. The Specials is independent of the rest of the kingdom of Orioch, and you’ve never seen the monarch in your life. But one day, there is a visitor - it’s the newly crowned prince, asking for help. They’ve come to honor an agreement made long ago – the village may remain independent of Orioch and in return, the monarch can redeem one favor from the people of your village. The prince asks for a few of the young people (ages 15-20) to join him as a special force in the upcoming war. You will live in the castle and become part of the royal court, with the option to return home after the war. Do you accept the challenge?

Rules

Keep it PG, PG-13 at the most please

Romance is a-okay with the other person's consent

Be nice 

Etc whatever

Have fun! 

PM me if you have any plot ideas or concerns or anything!

Everyone will start in the village, just before the monarch shows up.


"Do you think this will work, your majesty?" Kellan's grip tightened on the hilt of his sword. "They will join us if they want to survive this war."

-


0 members like this post.

Posted By

🎶𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓽🎶
#114038


Member is Offline
4406 forum posts
Send A Message

#198029 Posted on 2018-12-29 18:13:48

Huli
Huli stretched her arms up over her head and stood. She had spent the last hour sitting in a field quietly, just absorbing the wind and sun and the smell of the air. The path she started down wound through a small stand of trees and brush before it reached town. She had almost reached the end when a butterfly lit onto a leaf next to her head. Huli froze and turned carefully so she could better watch the small creature. It's delicate wings fanned slowly as the butterfly unfurled its tongue and started to eat the nectar of a flower.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6332 forum posts
Send A Message

#198030 Posted on 2018-12-29 18:40:39

Wren
"Benjamin! Quit hitting the cat! When I said practice, I didn't give you permission to torture George!" Wren's mother yelled down the hall. Her little brother was zapping the cat with lightning from a miniature storm again. Wren shook her head, rinsing the last plate with the raindrops from a cloud she'd conjured over the kitchen sink. Her father was sitting on the couch, reading a book as little gusts of wind turned the pages for him. "High time your brother did useful things with those storms, her mother muttered, drying her hands on a towel. "We all went through that phase," Wren replied. "He'll grow up when he's good and ready."

Kellan
Prince Kellan stood outside, waiting for his carriage to pull up to the curb. "I'm not sure how many we'll get from this," he said to his advisor, "but it will have to be enough. I can only ask once."

Last edited on 2019-01-02 at 16:34:02 by ♪ Bandit ♪


0 members like this post.

Posted By

🎶𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓽🎶
#114038


Member is Offline
4406 forum posts
Send A Message

#198032 Posted on 2018-12-29 19:21:50

Huli
The butterfly fluttered its wings, but remained stationary. That was when Huli noticed the small tear in the insect's wing. She lifted her hand slowly until it was hovering next to the butterfly and a soft glow emited from it. The tear healed and the bug, startled by the hand and light, flew away. Huli watched it for a moment, a small smile on her face, before walking tbe rest of the way into the village. She headed for the village square, where a fountain spat water into the air. Huli had found a small bronze coin on the path on the way to the field. A lucky coin was best used to make a wish, so to the fountain she was headed. Upon arrival, she spotted a group of young kids leaning on the stone of the fountain and peering into the water. Some had coins to wish with, others stood empty-handed. Huli walked up to a little boy looking at the fountain pensively. "Did you make a wish?" Huli asked with a friendly smile. The boy shook his head. "I don't have a coin." "Yes you do." The boy's confused expression shifted to surprise when she pressed the bronze coin into his hand. "It's a lucky coin," she added. "Don't tell anyone what you wish, or it'll break the magic!" With that Huli walked away from the fountain. She paused, then decided to run to the market and pick up some groceries. She changed her course accordingly.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6332 forum posts
Send A Message

#198040 Posted on 2018-12-29 20:39:07

Outlaw
She glared grumpily at the empty cupboards, as if glaring at them would make them full again. "Confound it, now I have to go into town" she complained to any of the animals close enough to hear her. A wolf give her a sympathetic whine from the doorway, and the snake on the window sill give a hiss of amusement. She went over to the one other room in the hut, which served as her bedroom, and dug out her money pouch, then headed out to go find one of the horses. She slipped a riding saddle onto her big black mare and threw a pack saddle on her cremello mare, then mounted up and loped through the narrow trail that led to the road to town. She reined them to a trot once on the dirt road and set them towards the town, mumbling misgivings under her breath.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
8210 forum posts
Send A Message

#198272 Posted on 2019-01-05 23:26:18

Kellan 
The village would be difficult and tedious to find if Kellan's ancestors hadn't received a map and directions when the agreement was made. Still, it took them well over an hour to make it to the village. The group stopped at the top of a hill that overlooked the settlement. People bustled around down below. They have no idea how much their lives will change in a few minutes, Kellan thought. What needs to be done will be done. Kellan spurred his mount forward and the rest of his party followed as they descended into the little valley.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

🎶𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓽🎶
#114038


Member is Offline
4406 forum posts
Send A Message

#198323 Posted on 2019-01-06 19:39:50

Outlaw
She trotted the horses into town, reining them in directly in front of the supplies store and dismounting. She tied her mares to the post with a loose bandit's knot just in case, then entered the store. She ordered her supplies from the owner then grabbed the sacks of flour and sugar and made her first trip out, going and strapping them to the pack saddle. She glanced at the group of riders coming down the hill, narrowing her eyes suspiciously as she watched them from beside her horses. The black shifted and lashed its tail, picking up on her unease.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
8210 forum posts
Send A Message

#198335 Posted on 2019-01-06 21:32:02

Huli
She glanced up to the sky to try and gauge the time. Instead, her eye caught on movement near the horizon where the hill met the sky. What looked like a party of horses - and was that a carriage? - was riding toward the village. She could barely make out the crest emblazoned on the carriage. Huli paused. The image looked familiar, though she couldn't place it. A feeling of foreboding crept over her. She decided to delay her trip to the market to see what this was about. 


0 members like this post.

Posted By
oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6332 forum posts
Send A Message

#198337 Posted on 2019-01-06 21:42:09

Kellan
Kellan stopped the royal entourage just short of the village border. He stepped out of the carriage, motioning for the senior guard and glorified librarian/secretary/scribe/advisor to walk with him. Naturally, the rest of his guards followed not far behind. "Make no move unless I say," Kellan muttered as they walked. "I'd prefer to have these people on my side, but we will use force if provoked."
The group made it to the center of the village unchallenged, Specials moving to either side of the road to watch them. "Keep the road clear," Kellan good his guard. "I want a clear escape route if we need it."

Wren
Wren caught sight of unfamiliar movement out the window above the kitchen sink. Curious and a bit alarmed, she went to the door and stood on the steps to watch, closely followed by her family. It seemed the neighbors and the others on the street saw the strangers too, and murmurs moved among the crowd.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

🎶𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓽🎶
#114038


Member is Offline
4406 forum posts
Send A Message

#198339 Posted on 2019-01-06 21:51:02

Outlaw
She stepped back onto the street after retrieving her last and second load of supplies. She immediately noticed the people watching, and also entourage in the middle of the village. The royal crest on the carriage didn't escape her attention either, and she wondered to herself what he wanted here. She didn't bother doing anything but securing the rest of her small load of supplies onto the saddle however. It was none of her business.

Last edited on 2019-01-06 at 21:51:25 by Midnight Outlaw


0 members like this post.

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
8210 forum posts
Send A Message

#198340 Posted on 2019-01-06 21:55:25

Huli
She studied the newcomers curiously. A big caravan, with a fancy crest, and several guards. She had not clue what it was about, though the man giving orders looked a little tense. Huli wasn't too bothered by their presence, just curious, mostly because of the vaguely familiar symbol that made her nervous. A crowd was gathering. Royalty. The image on the carriage finally registered as being a royal crest. It was a bit different compared to the last time she'd seen it, in the fortress all those years ago, but that was to be expected as time passed. She hadn't interacted with, or even seen, any nobles since the fire. Nobody was talking, and the waiting to hear what this was about put her on edge. She plastered a smile on her face and took a small step away from the crowd. "To what do we owe the honor of a visit from royals?" 


0 members like this post.

Posted By
oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6332 forum posts
Send A Message

#198341 Posted on 2019-01-06 21:58:48

Kellan
Kellan had just grown used to the tense, muttering semi-silence and was gearing himself up for another one of those good old royal 'join my cause or die' speeches that he secretly hated when a girl spoke up. Smothering his surprise, he replied, "I've come to fulfill the agreement." That statement caused a wave of new whispers through the crowd.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

🎶𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓽🎶
#114038


Member is Offline
4406 forum posts
Send A Message

#198343 Posted on 2019-01-06 22:11:22

Outlaw
She finished tying her pack, and tightened the girths on the horses saddles. She didn't know what that agreement was anyways, and how should it bother her? but she'd stay until the crowds dispered, no use drawing attention to herself. She sat down on the sidewalk next to her horses and waited.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

Midnight Outlaw
#98451


Member is Offline
8210 forum posts
Send A Message

#198344 Posted on 2019-01-06 22:12:04

Huli
It took her a moment to even remember what the agreement was, so worried had she been about what she had thought they had come for. Recalling the tale from when she had first stumbled across this place, Huli nodded. "What is the favor?" She probably should have just been patient and let someone else handle this. Most likely they would have started talking soon anyway. Now she was stuck talking to this nobleman in front of a large crowd of people. Not to mention that she was afraid they were here to take shifters, to do another purge like the one that had happened when she was small. Though Huli doubted they would redeem their favor for such a purpose, the anxiousness didn't fade. Judging by the whispers and murmurs, however, the town was equally shaken, though for other reasons no doubt. She did her best to keep her voice steady, her head high, and a neutral expression on her face.

Last edited on 2019-01-06 at 22:16:24 by Oswin


0 members like this post.

Posted By
oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6332 forum posts
Send A Message

#198345 Posted on 2019-01-06 22:22:07

Kellan 
"Orioch is going to war. I need your allegiance if we're going to emerge victorious - I need some of your young people to join me. They will live temporarily in the castle and be part of the force for the war. Afterwards, they will have the option to return here. You will be heavily compensated for your cooperation." Kellan paused for a moment, letting his words sink in. "If you refuse to join me, there will be repercussions, added on those of failing to keep your bargain. I will not hesitate to occupy your land and I do not tolerate threats of rebellion under my rule. The whole of Orioch must come together to win this war." 

Last edited on 2019-01-06 at 22:24:41 by ♪ Bandit ♪


0 members like this post.

Posted By

🎶𝓑𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓽🎶
#114038


Member is Offline
4406 forum posts
Send A Message