Username:
Password:
Stay logged in

Greek Mythology Roleplay

ForumsRole Playing → Greek Mythology Roleplay

Greek Mythology Roleplay

#141840 Posted on 2018-01-18 17:26:04

Sign-up to join! 

Camp Half-Blood, one of the only safe places on earth for demigods, had a sudden influx of newcomers. Several of these were sent on a quest. After defeating Hecate down in Florida, the questers  returned to the camp to find it had been attacked by a large army of monsters. Many were wounded, several were killed. But now, all is [relatively] calm in the camp. The rogue goddess has been defeated. It seems things will be peaceful from now on, at least for a little while.

But not all is as it seems. 

Everyone's favorite titan, Kronos, is returning. And not only that, he's recruiting an army! Unfortunately, Camp Half-Blood is not aware of this threat. But Kronos is looking for recruits, and eventually everyone will have to make a choice. Join the titan, or fight him?

But until the camp realizes Kronos is back, they have other problems they must face...

Prophecy #1:

In a place with a lake
You will find what you seek,
Uncover a lost past,
Discover a secret

Prophecy #2
Trust led to betrayal.
Friendship turned to hatred.
Danger left unchecked.
Life becomes death.


The last prophecy:

Olympus in chaos, mortals at peace.

A god who turns and safety cease.

Water and fire, day and night,

revenge wrought by mortal's plight.

RULES

- Be nice

- No swearing

- You are a new demigod and are still testing your powers

- No godmodding

- You can't be super powerful, but you can be decently so, as long as it fits with who your godly parent is [you can have virtually no powers if you want, too, lol]

- This is a detailed/semi-detailed RP

- romance allowed with the consent of the other player

- while I'd like detail, no need to be extremely graphic with battle scenes

- Good luck on your quest!

It begins with all of us arriving at camp. Let's go!


Last edited on 2018-09-28 at 16:32:24 by Oswin


2 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6248 forum posts
Send A Message

#141846 Posted on 2018-01-18 17:37:57

Jade
She sat in the passenger seat of her mom's car, looking out the window as they drove. Just through those trees was a beach, and Jade wished she was going there instead of some summer camp. She felt like she could feel the ocean pulling her toward it's salty spray, and she wanted to listen to its call. She had always loved water. She glanced at her mom and turned down the 80s music blasting through the car. "Will they have a pool?" It was the first thing she'd said on the whole car trip, because she was mad at her mom. Sure, Jade loved her mother, but she was taking her away from her friends - or, more accurately, friend. She thought of her best friend Teressa, who was always being picked on, and she wished she could be there to keep the Jerk Gang from stealing Terry's favorite pen again. It was the last day of school, and Jade was on the way to camp instead of there to help her friend. She realized her mom was answering her question, and just caught the tail end of it. 
" - some water." Jade pretended she had been paying attention and nodded, going back to look out the window. But her mother braked and turned off the car. "It's just over that hill, past the tall pine." 
"You're just going to leave me here and make me walk?" Jade blinked her green eyes at her mother, a bit surprised. Her mom was usually... clingy, for lack of a better word. 
"I'll watch you, I promise. I love you, Jade." 
"I love you, too," Jade replied.
"Be safe." 
"I will, Mom. It's just camp." Her mom didn't answer, so Jade opened her door and stepped out. She waved a little after the door closed with a thump, and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear, looking up the hill. "Over the hill and through the woods," she mumbled, taking a step.

Last edited on 2018-01-18 at 17:40:37 by Oswin


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6248 forum posts
Send A Message

#141861 Posted on 2018-01-18 18:15:37

Kahlen
Kahlen stared out of the back seat of a police car with her twin brother, Denver. How they ended up here, you ask? Well, they'd been walking home (If it could be called that) after the last day of school when some monster had followed and tried to attack them. It was nothing new. Kahlen and Denver had dealt with this kind of thing over and over since their 16th birthday, 6 months ago. Then, out of the blue, this really short policeman had killed the monster and told them to get in the car. He'd told them he was taking them somewhere safe, but hadn't yet specified where. Kahlen, being the person she was, had quietly told her brother she didn't trust him. "I trust him just about how far I can throw his car," she'd hissed. "There's something off about him." Kahlen had never been wrong about stuff like this before. 
Her brother, ever the trusting optimist, told her she shouldn't worry. Still... She shook her head. If anything happened, Kahlen knew she'd be prepared. 

Denver
Denver squeezed his sister's hand. He knew how she felt about this situation, and he understood. He also knew that they couldn't do anything about it now. That chance was long gone. The best they could hope for right now was that wherever they were going, they'd be safe. Unlike his sister, he trusted the policeman. Kahlen tended to be a little suspicious towards people she didn't know, and that often made her seem cold and distant. Denver, on the other hand, had a more open approach. We'll see how this goes, he thought.

He felt his sister elbow him gently as they came into view of a large pine tree surrounded by rolling hills. They glanced at each other as the car stopped a few feet away from the tree. "This is our stop," the ridiculously short policeman said. They exited the car.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
♪ Bandit ♪
#114038


Member is Offline
4194 forum posts
Send A Message

#141878 Posted on 2018-01-18 18:50:02

"It should be.... just up here..."
"Come on, come on!"
"Keep up Anita, keEP UP-"
"ANITA!"
"She's gone, Harley, we need to keep going."
"Over here!" Katie called over her shoulder, still sprinting at top speed. Harley was lagging behind, but Brian was shoving her forwards while Henry ran ahead, catching up to Katie. "It's running faster, Katie, what do we do?" Brian called, the four teens red faced and heaving for breath. "There's supposed to be a safe space up here, over the hill!" Katie yelled back, as the small group came up onto the hill, the ground flattening out. "It should be here, it should be RIGHT HERE! WHERE-" Katie stopped talking as she stumbled through a barrier, Henry throwing himself after the tall dark haired girl. They were the only two over the threshold, but Brian gave Harley one final push and the two of them made it over, the juvenile chimera behind them hitting the barrier like a truck hitting a wall, and they all sighed in relief. "Come on then." Katie said, and Henry gave Brian and Katie a glare, crouching down next to Harley. "Harls, Anita wouldn't want you hurt. We need to find somewhere safer." The girl nodded blankly, still staring at the snarling chimera prowling the border, and after Henry had helped her up, they all stumbled down into the valley.

(I'll edit this with alexs reply later, i really have to be somewhere)


0 members like this post.

Posted By

The Gaiaphage
#95400


Member is Offline
1978 forum posts
Send A Message

#141883 Posted on 2018-01-18 19:13:07

Jade
A group of kids burst out of the woods and dashed past the pine tree. Jade's mouth fell open, not really registering that they had virtually disappeared. No, what concerned her was the giant lion-like creature prowling the border. After a moment, it lifted it's nose into the air and turned to look down the hill. Jade felt its eyes bore into her, and she closed her mouth. "Mom," she said lowly, "get out of here. Now." She looked into the window and waved her hand impatiently. "Go! There's no time for me to get in the car. Just get out." She knew that thing could probably tear the car apart, but if she could distract it... She clenched her jaw. Her mom was going to get out of there alive. She looked at the policeman and the other two kids. She wondered what they were thinking before shrugging off her backpack. She had to be light on her feet for this. She didn't know what she was doing, but she ran away from the car, not going up the hill but going lengthwise. "Hey, cat!" The beast's eyes followed her. "Come here, kitty kitty." She glanced at her mom and mouthed "Go!" Her mom nodded and put the car in reverse, spitting dirt as she hurried out. The lion's gaze flicked to the car, and Jade panicked a little. "Hey! Want some cat nip?" she bent and grabbed blindly for a rock, her hands closing on a small stone as she chucked it at the cat. It bounced off harmlessly, but the lion-creature snarled as it turned back to her. Jade gulped. Now's the part you do some heroic thing, she told herself. Like in books. But her mind was blank, so she stood glaring at it, hoping the defiance in her eyes scared it enough for it to leave. 


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6248 forum posts
Send A Message

#141888 Posted on 2018-01-18 19:38:13

Kahlen
Kahlen's head whipped around as she saw the monster and the group of kids running. "Oh crap," she hissed, and shoved her brother forward. They broke into a run, the cop behind them.

Denver
Denver felt his sister push him forward and glanced back at her. Her eyes told him all he needed to know. They broke into a run, the short policeman trailing behind. He glanced behind him and saw, to his surprise, that the cop had goat hooves for feet!
They kept running until they were far past the tree and were within 20 feet of a big farmhouse. His sister stopped short, her breathing only slightly labored. She rounded on the cop. "What... Was.... THAT?!" She exploded. Denver winced. He knew his sister was stressed, but she could be a little too intense.

Kahlen 
Kahlen glared at the cop- now with goat hooves and horns peeking out above his hair. He flinched and took a step back. She knew she'd probably scared him, but she didn't really care at this moment.
"Eh, er- well, that was a chimera." He said, attempting to regain his composure. 


0 members like this post.

Posted By
♪ Bandit ♪
#114038


Member is Offline
4194 forum posts
Send A Message

#141933 Posted on 2018-01-18 23:49:30

Katie
Harley took a few steps forwards, put her hands on the concerningly growing large dark red puddle on her stomach, gave one horrible shudder, and dropped like a sack of bricks to the ground. Katie lunged forwards and caught her right before she hit the ground, yelling out to the other kids she saw just standing there, watching. "HEY! A LITTLE HELP PLEASE?" Henry and Brian had run down into the valley to get help, and Katie was struggling to keep Harley from dropping to the ground.

Alex
The bus stopped down the road from the green hill, and Alex hiked his bag higher onto his back, thanking the driver and getting out, starting the trek down the road and over the hill. He followed the trickle of other kids down into the valley, heading to the big farmhouse where a centaur was standing on the deck, smiling at the kids coming in.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

The Gaiaphage
#95400


Member is Offline
1978 forum posts
Send A Message

#141940 Posted on 2018-01-19 07:03:26

Denver
Denver heard someone calling for help and ran back up to where some kids were standing, outlined by the sun, on the hill. He arrived, saw the proceedings, and shrugged his backpack off his shoulder. "Okay. First of all, what happened?" He said as he started taking out some medical supplies. He'd found that it was better to travel prepared for this sort of thing. He'd also found that he knew what to do, somehow, although he'd never been taught first aid or anything.

Kahlen 
Kahlen, momentarily distracted, watched her brother run back up the hill as people called for help. Knowing him, maybe it was some medical emergency or something. Denver was good in those types of situations. Kahlen, on the contrary, had no stomach for anything of the sort, so she stayed where she was.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
♪ Bandit ♪
#114038


Member is Offline
4194 forum posts
Send A Message

#141966 Posted on 2018-01-19 11:08:15

Katie
"Um... she was in shock because her friend died but the adrenaline kept her running until we get here.... She might have run into something and accidentally impaled herself? I'm not sure - I didn't see it happen." Katie kneeled slowly and gently set Harley on the ground, resting her head in her lap. Katie glanced back towards the forest,  where a girl was standing off against the chimera. She cursed, standing up and placing Harleys head on the ground. "I'll be right back." Katie came to a skid next to the girl with a grin and a "Hey." To her, before turning to face the chimera, motioning with her head up the hill. "Come on, let go. It'll leave when it can't get inside, and you really don't want to be kept alive while being eaten limb by limb. Trust me."

Alex
A commotion on the hill caught his attention, and several other kids looked up, someone calling out. At first, they couldn't see what was wrong, but when they saw a lion thing snarling at two girls, everyone went into a frenzy. People were running up the hill with armor on, the younger children were being ushered away from the danger, and the centaur called for all the new campers to come inside.

Last edited on 2018-01-19 at 23:22:51 by The Gaiaphage


0 members like this post.

Posted By

The Gaiaphage
#95400


Member is Offline
1978 forum posts
Send A Message

#141971 Posted on 2018-01-19 11:40:13

Denver
Denver nodded, processing this. He then began to work.

Kahlen
Kahlen watched her brother up on the hill and saw everyone running toward them. She shot one last glare at the- half goat?!- and ran up to check on him.

Last edited on 2018-02-06 at 06:14:16 by Bandit


0 members like this post.

Posted By
♪ Bandit ♪
#114038


Member is Offline
4194 forum posts
Send A Message

#142000 Posted on 2018-01-19 13:52:37

James
 A bus slowed to a stop at the bus stop. From his seat on the metal bench near the sign, James watched a kid get out and waved subtly. He covered his face as the bus pulled away, stirring up a ton of dust. The thirteen-year-old fiddled with the zipper on his old, ratty backpack that sat beside him. Unzipping it, he pulled out a bottle of water and drank a bit. He almost spit the water all over himself as he heard screams coming from the direction of a large hill close by. He quickly screwed the cap back onto the bottle and shoved it back into his bag. Throwing the backpack over one of his shoulders, he ran towards the commotion.

Ethel
 Ethel sat in the car seat with her arms crossed, staring through the window at the vacant fields. Somehow, she had managed to not tear up, though it took a large amount of effort. Her dad finally seemed to be done with her, considering he had decided earlier that morning to drive her to some summer camp in the middle of who-knows-where, and the way he had talked about it made it seem like it was permanent.
 "Am I ever gonna get to see Alex and Nick again?" she asked, still not making eye contact with her father. Just mentioning her cousins made it harder to push back the tears. She hadn't seen them in years, but she had very fond memories of them from when she was little. Especially Alex, who was the same age as her.
 The man just shook his head and pulled up to a hill and stopped. Panic lit his gaze and he spun around to face his daughter.
 "Ethel, get out now," he shouted, grabbing her backpack and practically throwing it at her.
 "Fine then!" Ethel snapped, the hurt in her expression quickly turning to that of contempt. She got out and slammed the car door shut. As her dad pulled away and hared back down the road, she realized what had made him so urgent. There was a creature on the hill, and it looked to be attacking a group of teens.

Last edited on 2018-01-19 at 14:29:00 by Raptor


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Raptor
#79219


Member is Offline
6172 forum posts
Send A Message

#142009 Posted on 2018-01-19 14:25:19

Jade
The two kids and the cop ran for it. The chimera barely glanced at them, and Jade couldn't believe her luck. She had aggravated a monstrous lion. The chimera growled and took a step forward. A girl came from the hill and slid next to her. Jade glanced at the girl, smiling a bit. "Yeah, I'd rather not be a living scratching post." She looked to the hill, wondering if she'd be able to make it before the beast decided it liked it better with her on this side of the hill. 


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Oswin
#80380


Member is Offline
6248 forum posts
Send A Message

#142013 Posted on 2018-01-19 14:33:16

Katie
Katie desperately tried to think of a last minute plan, working it out in her head. "Okay uh.... if you run up to the top of the hill and I distract it, you might be be able to call it while I run around it and-" she cut herself off, seeing that more kids had arrived on the hill. "Dammit! Of course." She muttered, running a hand through her hair in frustration. "We can get through this if we can just- MOVE!" She grabbed the girls arm and tugged her to the side, just barely missing the chimera lunging for her.


0 members like this post.

Posted By

The Gaiaphage
#95400


Member is Offline
1978 forum posts
Send A Message

#142015 Posted on 2018-01-19 14:40:12

Ethel
 "What am I witnessing..?" she muttered to herself, rubbing her eyes to make sure that she wasn't imagining things. Not knowing what else to do, she sprinted in the direction of the others. Realizing that she wouldn't be able to cover the distance without tiring, she ducked behind a tree and peeked at the two girls that seemed to be trying to distract it. Panting, she tugged on her hair. That's it - I've officially gone crazy.


James
 He reached the hill just as a lion-like animal lunged at two girls.
 "Whoa..." he breathed, skidding to a stop, his eyes wide. James blinked. He looked around, for no other reason except to get a hold of his bearings. Creeping along the edge of the semi-clearing, he tried to be as quiet as possible as to not make the situation worse.

Last edited on 2018-01-19 at 14:44:36 by Raptor


0 members like this post.

member signature

Posted By

Raptor
#79219


Member is Offline
6172 forum posts
Send A Message

#142026 Posted on 2018-01-19 15:29:12

Kahlen
Kahlen reached her brother and stood next to him as he did his thing, keeping watch for the chimera. She saw it coming toward a group of kids farther up the hill. "You almost done?" she asked her brother impatiently. Kahlen wasn't sure how far it could come toward the camp, but she wasn't willing to take chances. "Yeah, just a sec." He finished whatever he was doing and looked up at her. "I don't think we should move her..." he said uncertainly. Kahlen nodded. "Whatever you say. I'm keeping an eye on the monster." 

Denver
As his sister approached and asked him if he was finished, he could tell how on edge she was. He knew his sister would do whatever necessary to protect them, but he didn't like putting her in that situation. There wasn't much he could do, however, because the girl was in extreme shock and he knew if they tried to move her, the result wouldn't be great. He could hear his sister pacing, muttering under her breath. He knew she was trying to figure out how best to get out of the situation, so he just continued what he was doing and let her be for a moment.


0 members like this post.

Posted By
♪ Bandit ♪
#114038


Member is Offline
4194 forum posts
Send A Message